Below is a sample of the client matters that Chris Lamal has recently handled.
Business Start-Ups and Venture Capital
- Forming a new women’s footwear company, including preparation of shareholder agreement among founders and negotiation of equity investments from angel investors.
- Negotiating $3.2 million nanotechnology venture Series A financing among investor group including both strategic and financial investors.
- Representing the lead investor group in a $1 million Series B preferred equity investment in a development stage clean water technology company, including negotiating bridge loan financing and terms of preferred share financing.
- Establishing a US subsidiary of a French apparel trade group as a vehicle for producing industry trade shows in the US.
- Preparing investor rights agreements for several start-up and development stage companies, incorporating protective provisions for both founders and investors, including registration, first refusal, co-sale and drag-along rights.
- Designing and implementing stock option and other equity-based incentive plans for several start-up companies.
Business Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Consummating a $40 million acquisition of a US food company by a French-based multinational company.
- Negotiating the sale of an educational software company to a strategic buyer.
- Structuring and forming a French-Italian joint venture in the US providing financial and customer management services for businesses exporting fashion and consumer goods to the US.
- Representing the buyers in their purchase of a high-end Manhattan retail floral business.
- Representing the selling shareholders in their sale of a fluid filtration design and manufacturing company to a strategic buyer.
Other Business Matters
- Negotiating a trademark, design and manufacturing license agreement between a US clothing designer and a European licensee.
- Negotiating sales representative agreements for clients in the apparel and luxury goods industries.
- Negotiating employment agreements for executives in the publishing, real estate management and security services industries incorporating provisions for restricted stock grants or other equity-based incentives.
- Negotiating agreement between a consumer products company and its junior debt holders for the conversion of the junior debt into equity.